Friday, May 16, 2014

We're back! Introducing our little Moonpie.



So my last post on here was December 14, 2012, I see. Hmm. I took quite a break there. Let me fill everyone in. On December 25, 2012, this happened.


Then this happened.



 And this!



And now we’re here.


I’ve thought about writing a blog post in the past few months, I really have. But I've been having so much fun hanging out with my little Moonpie. We talk about this, we talk about that. Just this morning she was telling me, “Bababa, ga, goo, DA!” and I was like, “That must have been quite the dream you had there!”

We also have this conversation a lot:
 (To understand this you’ll need to know that “Baba” means “Daddy” in Turkish.)

Moonpie: Baba baba baba baba
Me: Mommy? Can you say Mommy?
MP: Bababababa Dada
Me: Ma Ma
MP: Dada Bababababa
Me: Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama?
MP: (pauses) Baba.

So, that’s fun. Someday she'll look up at me with those brown/green eyes (depending on who you ask) and say "Mama" with her crooked little smile and dimpled cheeks. Someday.

Also, we have a board book club going. My favorite is “You are My Sunshine” because I can sing through the book, but she seems to prefer her giraffe book, more for its flavor than the literary contents, though, I think.

So, anyway, I’ve been a little busy, but figured this would be a good time to start writing again since I’ll be going back to work soon and I’ll have a lot more free time on my hands. As I type this I realize how ridiculous it sounds, but believe me, it is so, so true. So, I’m hoping to use some of my time to write more on here.

Enjoy!



1 comment: